Version 0.1 of OMP has been released! Visit the Install Instructions to learn how to install OMP!
Main List of Features in 0.1
- Flatpak support.
- Official Arch User Repositories.
- Gapless playback.
- Plays mp3, FLAC, Ogg, Ogg FLAC, ALAC, APE, WavPack, and AAC(m4a container).
- CUESHEET support (embedded and external).
- Playlists saved in SQLite3 database.
- Multi-row drag and drop.
cut,and pasting of rows.
- Playback queue.
- Front cover image support.
- Program state upon clean exit is mostly preserved.
- ReplayGain track gain and album gain support. (No analyzation yet.)
- Playback of a track can start at the pregap or not.
Pulseaudio, JACK, or automatic audio sink selection.
- Playback follows the cursor(selected track).
- Playlist looping.
- Stop after current track.
Cursordoes or doesn’t follow playback.
- Simple meta editing for 10 fields of tracks that don’t use a cue sheet. Those fields are
artist(s), genre(s), album artist(s), disc number, disc total, track number, track total, title, album, and date. The three fields that allow multiple values can use a semicolon to separate values when editing in order to insert multiple values! The only metadata field for files added using a cue sheet are disc number and disc total. Those metadata fields are written to musicfile in the DISCNUMBER and DISCTOTAL metadata fields and not the cue sheet.
The Three Ways To Edit
- Edit keyboard shortcut.
right-clickplaylist menu button. Slow double-clickon the metadata field you want to edit.
Final Thoughts About 0.1
It’s really exciting for me to finally be able to release the first main stable build of OMP! While there are still many features to make and many issues to resolve, I feel confident I will get them finished with time. Thank you for your interest in this project!
OMP Version 0.1.1: Next Release
The next release will focus on code improvements and bug fixes. OMP 0.1.1 will be coming out January 20th!
Thank you to everybody interested in this project! The encouragement and support I’ve received online