OMP 0.1.1 – Metadata Refinements
A new version of OMP was released today! Check the Install Instructions for how to install OMP.
This new update focuses on improving reading and interpreting of metadata. Especially when mass-reading folder and all of its folders recursively. There’s also a new section of the Configuration GUI for metadata.
- Metadata configuration panel.
- Ability to choose to prefer embedded cuesheet data or external cuesheet data.
- Ability to choose to prefer a multi-file cuesheet’s metadata or the music
- Configuration panel chooser more reliably changes the panel when clicked.
- Larger panel title.
- Name column header for panel chooser is now hidden.
- More tooltips in the configuration GUI.
- Various file error crash fixes.
- Duplicates of the same music files are no longer added.
- The setting in the configuration GUI to deselect all when empty space in a row is clicked is no longer broken.
Bugthat prevented saving metadata edits fixed.
- The file reading error log is restyled, more detailed, and less broken.
- The tab fonts are now much larger to fill the space of the tabs.
I’ve missed the early updates a lot recently. I’m sorry for that. I’ve better organized the Project Page for OMP 0.2 to help me get back into the 2-week release schedule. The workload I’ve dedicated for
OMP 0.1.2 – Next Update
For the next two
- Unhelpful or wrong errors after reading certain files. These issues were primarily resolved with 0.1.1, but I’m going to do some more testing to help me make sure.
- Add support for
cuesheetswith two or more files that have multiple tracks for each file. This type of cuesheetis generally for vinyl.
I’m also going to continue working on trying to get the Flathub build of OMP’s Flatpak finally released. I will upload an OMP 0.1.1 Flatpak here by next Sunday when 0.1.1 is publicly available.
Upcoming New Website Design
I’m working on a new design for the website. It’s based on the current one and will be entirely custom. It will be added sometime in the next few days. Get ready for a more pleasant experience on OpenMusicPlayer.com!